It is one of the most important subjects to occur sleep patterns for babies. Especially twin’s mothers can be a little more worried about it. If you pay attention to some tips, your work will be easier.
1) Pre-sleep routine: You have to give your babies the signals that sleep time has come. To say a lullaby before sleep, to reduce the light of the room or doing light massage can be an example of sleep signals. If you repeat these routines before each sleep, your baby will understand that the sleep time is coming.
2) Lay the twins in the same room: You can also lay your twins in the same bed until they learn to turn(until 3-4 months). After learning to spin, it is necessary to separate their beds, because it can be dangerous.
3) During the day,they should sleep at the same time: They should sleep at the same time. This is important in order for them to learn to sleep and wake up at the same time. If one of the twins doesn’t want to go to sleep, try other methods that will bring her/him to sleep. If they learn to sleep and wake up at the same time, you will have time to rest.
4) Be patient: Twins sleep regularly at night after longer time than other children . Because twins are usually born low overweight, their growth and development may take time. Also twin babies can wake each other up. For this reason, it will be more difficult for them a regular night sleep. You should be a little patient.
5) Feed at the same time: It is a good idea to feed your babies half an hour before they go to bed and, if possible, help. Because putting the babies to bed right after feeding, can make it difficult for them to fall asleep. It can also cause problems such as reflux.