Welcome to the 10th week of your pregnancy!
The first trimester is over! The 2nd 3 months of period start. So what happens this week?
In the 10th week your baby is as big as a cherry grain. But he/she continue to grow very fastly.
What are the changes in your baby at the 10th Week?
- During your 10th week of pregnancy, your baby is between 2.5 and 4 cm and weight’s is about 5-6 grams.
- When the 10th week of pregnancy is completed, all vital organs of the baby begin to form.
- The end of embryonic time is the beginning of fetal time. This means that you are leaving behind the critical period in the development of the baby. You will breathe much more comfortably now. The general congenital discomforts occurs before the 10th week.
- By the end of the 10th week, fetal organ systems accelerate the development of the baby and allow the baby to have a human appearance.
- Hand and toes begin to separate.
- The formation of cartilages begins with your baby’s spine.
- In the tenth week elbows in tiny arms become operational.
- The eyelids begin to form. He/she can close their eyes a little.
- The outer ears take their final shape.
- The first tiny buds begin at the bottom of the gums.
- This week produces 250,000 neurons per minute. It corresponds to the faster development of the brain.
What are the changes in the mother at the 10th Week?
- Up to the 10th week, changes are slowly. Maybe you’re still not aware that you’re pregnant. Therefore, you don’t need maternity clothes yet. But you should wear clothes that will make you feel comfortable.
- You will begin to feel bloating in your arms and legs with increased blood volume. You should consume plenty of water at this time and take a walk at light tempo.
- It is time for you to start slowly gaining weight for your baby’s health. You can stay in shape without straining yourself.